These are the requirements I found online:
- Use nutrient lacking soil such. I'm using peat moss.
- Use only distilled or rain water. I placed a large trash can on the corner of my house and caught the rain.
- Keep the area humid and warm. I'll be using a plastic dome which will serve as a greenhouse over the seed tray.
I have these 12 compartment seed trays. Online I bought 50 Purple Pitcher Plant seeds, 10 white pitcher plant seeds, and 10 Venus fly trap seeds.
Here's how I planted the seeds:
- I filled the seed tray with seed starter.
- Using a water sprayer filled with rain water, spray the soil until top appears soaked.
- Slow pour rain water into each compartment. Keep pouring until water is dripping out of the bottom holes.
- Plant the seeds. I'm planting 6 Purple pitcher plant seeds, 3 white pitcher plant, and 3 venus fly traps. Gently push the seeds in, but don't worry about covering them.
- Cover them with the dome and place in a spot with a lot of sun light
According to the research I did online, it could take anywhere from 14 days to a few months for the seeds to sprout. I'll post when they sprout.